六、now 表示警告、命令、請求、說明、安慰等,可譯為“喂”、“喏”、“好了”等,有時也可不必譯出。
1. Now, now, you two; don’t fight again.
喂,喂,你們倆,別再打了。
2. Now, now, my boy! It's all right! There's no need to cry!
好了,好了,孩子,沒事了,別哭了。
3. Now, let's play basketball.
喏,咱們打籃球吧!
4. Now, lift me up, Doctor, lift me up. Where is he?
把我扶起來吧,醫(yī)生,把我扶起來。他在哪里?
七、there表示得意、鼓勵、同情、悲哀、不耐煩、失望、安慰、挑釁、引起注意等,可譯為“喲”、“瞧”、“好啦”、“得啦”等。
1. There! There! Never mind, you'll soon feel better.
好啦,好啦,不要緊,你馬上會好的。
2. There, there, you said too much.
得啦,得啦,你說的太多了。
3. There, I've filled it up again.
瞧,我又把它灌滿了。
4. There, what's that?
喲,那是什么?
八、man表示興奮、輕蔑、不耐煩、引起注意、可譯為“啊”、“嗨”等。
1. "Use you knife, man!" ordered the British officer nearby.
“嗨,用刀子割!”旁邊的英國軍官命令道。
2. Hurry up, man.
嗨,快點。
3. We have won the match, man!
啊,我們勝利了!
九、boy表示高興、興奮、驚奇等,可譯為“嘿”、“哇”、“哼”、“怎么樣”等。
1. Boy, oh, boy! Our team's going to win! How fantastic!
哇,怎么樣,我們隊要贏了!真是太好了!
2. Boy! This soup is good, Mama!
嘿,媽媽,這湯好得很。
3. Oh, boy! I just had a wonderful dream!
嘿,我剛才做了個好夢。
十、此外還有:
ha(驚奇、疑惑、鄙視)
Ha! Proud as these nobles are, he is afraid to see me.
哈!這些貴族盡管傲慢,他卻害怕見到我。
aha(得意、驚奇、嘲弄、滿意)
The trousers are all right; now the waistcoat; aha, right again.
褲子合身;再請穿上背心試試;啊哈,也很合適。
hey(喜悅、打招呼)
Hey! I didn't expect to meet you here.
嗨,我沒想到會在這兒遇到你。
sh(制止、引起注意)
They were about to go down, when Tom suddenly whispered, "Sh! Keep still. Don't move!"
他們正想下去,這時湯姆突然低聲道:“噓,安靜,別動!”
why(吃驚、抗議)
Why, what's the harm?
咳,這有什么害處呢?
nonsense(胡說)
"Nonsense," the king shouted. "My cook is the best cook in the world."
“胡說!”那國王喊道,“我的廚師是世界上最好的廚師?!?span lang="EN-US">
good heavens(驚異、不高興)
"Good heavens! Listen to that silly child," said the father.
“天哪!聽聽那傻孩子在瞎說些什么!”孩子的父親說。 (來源:corner.youth.cn) |